Saturday, February 23, 2013

NYFW: Final Day

It was one hell of a week that I am so grateful for the opportunity to be apart of.  My last day was in the theater where I got to work for two amazingly talented designers.  Michael Kors and J. Mendel.  These two shows were the biggest I worked, and the most work but it was worth every second.  I still get chills thinking about the shows!

The Micheal Kors show was magnificent and worth every second of waking up so early!  The theater was jammed packed with so many celebs (Hillary Swank, Jada Pinket Smith, Michael Douglas, Willow....) fashion editors (Anna Wintour, Grace Coddington...), bloggers (Bryan Boy, Anna Dello Russo....), fashion queens (Rachel Zoe, Carolina Kurkova...), royalty across the globe and so many more fashion divas and divos.  There was a HUGE PR team that made everything perfect.  We changed out the seats for benches to fit more people, and instead of seat numbers each person had their name on a seat.  Definitely very different and more personal/ professional I thought.






The collection was beautiful.  So many bright colors and awesome structured pieces.  The high-low dresses were to die for and the finale actually gave me chills.  Each of the strong colors Michael used came out together in the finale to walk around the two aisle runway.  It was breathtaking. 







The J.Mendel show was so fabulous and I became even more in love with the designer and his collection.  He kept coming out during rehearsal to check on everything and was just so sweet and cute.  The pieces were gorgeous and rich in fabric and material.  Every look I dreamt about owning to wear to the office or an awesome upscale NYC party. 



Taking out every bench and putting in over 1,000 chairs made me definitely feel the intern in me, however it all didn't matter to me, especially when I got to watch his collection come to life.  Seeing Katherine Heigel also added to the amazingness of the day as well!








Hope you all enjoyed my behind the scenes look at Fashion Week. 
Can't wait for next season and where my fashion journey and FW will take me!

xx L

No comments:

Post a Comment