Tuesday, February 19, 2013

NYFW: Day Three


I MET KELLY CUTRONE! I MET KELLY CUTRONE! I was sitting getting ready for the Emerson show and I hear her voice and I know automatically it was her and I was literally so excited.  All I can say is she is BOSS of the PR world, even more than I already thought she was.
 
So, on Sunday (after a banging lunch of course and great laughs and conversations with my grandparents) I headed back to NYC for the Joanna Mastroianni and Emerson show.  The Joanna Mastroianni show had AMAZING looks.  I loved the black with gold looks and so many other sophisticated outfits.  There were a couple bright colored pieces that weren't my favorite part of the collection but when this gorgeous model came down with a beautiful red gown with a deep low back it was dropped jaws all around.









The show had a lot of older women extravagantly dressed, you can tell the Joanna brought in an old money type of crowd.  The music was the first show I attended with music that is on the radio now, made the show completely different in my eyes.  The show ended with a great finale and a cute little pup to boot it all!


Now, onto the Emerson show aka the Kelly Cutrone show.  Kelly Cutrone is the director of People's Revolution (a fashion PR firm), a judge on America's Next Top Model and also on the Hills.  She is on a million podcasts and her books are my favorite reads.  Watching her do her thing in person, was unreal.  I wanted to write down every movement she did and remember it for when I have a career in PR (next Kelly Cutrone one day???) She was just unreal... she was the only PR director who took charge in every aspect and it was so apparent.  She grabbed a microphone and made sure everything was perfect.  She directed the model rehearsal and gave feedback to each and every model.  She had a meeting with all the press before hand to tell them EXACTLY what she wanted, a Twitter team of people to just tweet about the show, she brought the designer and design team out for rehearsal to make sure they were happy with everything, she was just boss.




The show was fun and energetic and with a unique collection that I loved.  There was a similar element in every piece... purple plaid or purple fuzz.  Her last piece was a black leather dress that was to die for!
The best part about the show was the designer's family being such a big part in the show.  Kelly got on the microphone and told everyone that due to the snow Jackie's family's flight got canceled so they were taking a train from Boston to NYC.  They were just a couple of minutes away and if we didn't mind waiting.  Of course everyone cheered and a couple minutes later when her whole family (mom, aunts, four daughters, sisters, husband) came on stage everyone cheered and it was a great moment.  When Jackie came out after her show her two youngest daughters (wearing sweaters that fit the collection) went running up to their mom and just hugged her and walked down the runway with her.

 

As you can see, I was on cloud 9 today! 
Rest of the week posts coming up soon!
XX L

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh.. I envy your life!! That is seriously so cool that you got to see Kelly in person. can't wait to see your upcoming posts!!
    XO COURTNEY
    www.unpredictableandchic22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete