Tuesday, February 19, 2013

NYFW: Day One


Being an intern with CFDA has been incredible.  There is no way to describe everything that I learned and got to experience.  When the lights go down, music starts and the first model enters the runway the feeling is indescribable.  I tried to explain it to my dad (the non exciter of fashion) as if he was at the NY Yankees World Series game where Babe Ruth hit a grand-slam to win the series against the Mets.  That is almost what it felt like, BUT BETTER.
My job was to be an assistant to the PR teams that came in for each designer of the show I was assigned to.  Depending on the PR team of the designer, I either had a lot of work or just was an assistant and extra set of hands for the team if they had everything under control.  While being backstage, I learned so much from all the different PR teams and the different ways they prepared for a show.  I also got to see the production and stage crew get ready for each show, which is SO much more extensive than I thought.  I will be posting some behind the scenes tips and tricks I learned on later posts!

Here was my first day working fashion week..... which just so happened to be in a blizzard!  I worked the Nicole Miller show whose whole collection I wanted to just wrap up and bring home with me. I also then worked the Parkchoonmoo show in the studio.  It was a smaller designer and had a collection not exactly in my taste but it was still so cool to be apart of the show!

At the Nicole Miller show the PR team was very efficient and put together.  They were all very young and collective and it definitely seemed like a team I would love to work for. The collection like I said was amazing.  The trend was adorable fedora hats (bought two during my week in NYC!!) and the patterns were beautiful.  Eve, Ashlee Simpson, Mrs. Hilton and Nigel Barker (INCREDIBLY handsome and so nice) were all famous faces in the audience.  The music was so cool, I'm still humming along to it now.









The Parkchoonmoo show was very different, a great insight to see a smaller designer.  THe PR team was a lot younger and not too sure what was going on, but they were very appreciative of all of our help.  Something that was a little different was that each model wore white almost orthopedic looking shoes, not my favorite but hey different style for everyone! There was one dress with an open back and zipper and it was flawless... made the collection for me!  The designer was a sweet little lady who helped clean up backstage and was so polite and sweet.  Love working with nice people!









XX L

No comments:

Post a Comment