Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Stand up to Hurricane Sandy!

So most of you may know that not only am I from New Jersey but I am MORE than damn proud to be from Jersey.  I live at the shore right over the bridge from Seaside so my town and where I have spent my whole life has taken a big beating.  It is so hard to be so far away watching everything you love be destroyed.  Seaside's boardwalk and beaches are nearly gone and it breaks my heart.  I am so blessed to not only live in Jersey but live where most people take their summer vacations.  This town has brought me nothing but joy, happiness, amazing memories and love for the best 21 years.  I know we will all get through this together because that is just how Jersey does it.  Please keep everyone affected by this hurricane in your prayers.

You can like the "Help Rebuild Seaside Heights" Facebook page here to learn how to help give back.  My sorority and I are also thinking of ways to raise money and I will be sure to post back ideas and ways here.

To also give all of you fashionista's like me whose heart has been breaking more and more, watch this video that my favorite band from home Wild Rompit (one of my best friend's boyfriends is the singer) put together to remind us we can all get through this together, and get our perfect beach town back to everything we know and love.


So much love to you JERZ, NJ all day.


On another note... I can't just leave you all with out showing the brighter side to a situation, and that brighter side can only mean FASHION.  I have put together three looks to still look like a diva even with 55 mph ( I mean I wouldn't suggest going outside, but you know what I mean).  So these outfits are for your rainy days when all you feel like is dressing like a bum so you're comfortable. All these outfits are beyond comfortable and stylish!

Tips:
-I always like to wear layers through rain storms, that case if the rain seeps through your rain jacket, you can shed layers to still stay warm.
- Leggings are the best thing to wear in the rain.  You don't want to wear jeans because they stick to you, and you don't want to wear anything bulky because it is hard to tuck them into your rain boots.
-Speaking of rain boots, they don't have to be a fashion NO NO.  There are thousands of cute stylish boots you can get, so just keep your eyes open!
- Snazz up your boots by wearing high socks, leg warmers or tights-- or even socks/ leg warmers with tights!!
- Wear closed bags, that way you won't have any water sneaking through.

Now let's take these tips to action....

 Boots: Hunter Jacket: North Face- Macys Back pack: Urban Outfitters 
Vest: Indressme Leggings: Etsy Turtle neck: Mango
 Dress: Urban Outfitters Tights: Free People 
Leg Warmers: Etsy Rain Boots: Burberry

Sweater: Udobuy Leggings: Topshop Rain boots: Welikefashion.com  
Umbrella: Alexander McQueen Scarf: Selected Femme Coat: Udobuy

Thanks for checking out the post!
Prayers and love to everyone back home and everyone else affected by the storm.  

Style on even through the Rain!
xx L

No comments:

Post a Comment