Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Arm Candaaay

If there is one thing you can guarantee that I am always wearing it is bracelets. LOTS of em.  This new term arm candy is something that I adore because it is truly my style statement (so when I am famous one day they can all say, ya know that Lauren you can always catcher her with her staple fashion statement... kidding but kind of not).
Ever since intermediate school I donee bracelets on bracelets and I have attained quite the bracelet collection over the years.  They are just my thing.  On my left hand are the bracelets I never change.  They are my I guess you can call it wrist of inspiration.  All of these bracelets all mean something.  They are either for a cause, I got them from one of my travels, given to me by someone or stand for something.  I have an Invisible Children bracelet, saint bracelet from where I am from in ITaly, bracelet from the Lost Boys of Sudan Center, a sister bracelet from you guessed it my sister, a bracelet from India my friend brought back, karma ones, one from my mom and so much more.  I change them out from here to here but you will never find my left wrist without tons of meaningful bracelets.  These bracelets are not worth thousands but they are worth everything to me.  The most important bracelet and one of the most valuable possessions in my life is my safety pin bracelet my brother Nicholas made for me.  I literally have been wearing it almost every day for four years.  My friends know I always wear it and get concerned when I take it off (sorry I take it off on the beach guys).  I love my brother more than anything and this was something he made for me when I was extremely home-sick my freshman year of college.  The maroon and white beads are for when I missed my high school and friends from home because they were my school colors.  The blue beads are for when I miss my brother  because blue is his favorite color.  Also there is a bead that is inside-out and that is to remind me that not everyone is perfect.  SEE, no wonder I never take this off?  It was so unlike him to make something like this, Mr. Cool Dude, he is... and that is why I cherish it so much.
Anyways, as I have said bracelets are my thing.  Opposite to my inspirational wrist I always have whatever color jewelry I am wearing to match my clothes-- silver or gold.  Either putting my Michael Kors watch together with some David Yurman and Pandora bracelets, or bangles on bangles on bangles that wrist is always looking pretty fab I must say.

How to get your Arm Candy on!
There are basically no rules, stack up all the bracelets you have and I guarantee it will look awesome.  Unless you have them up to your elbow, I would probably say that is a little absurd.  Get ones that mean something to you so that way when people compliment you on all of your bracelets you can give them a story for each one.

Fun with Arm Candy!
My new thing that since I do a lot of traveling, is to get a bracelet from everywhere I go.  I recently just got the coolest one from when I went to Myrtle Beach from my sister and it fits just perfectly.  Not only are you adding to your fashion wardrobe you also have a fun piece to remember each vacation/trip/event by.  I bought a bracelet from everywhere I went while in Europe and it is fun to look back on each piece.  Something for you all to try out!

My own Arm Candaaay


Arm Candy Inspiration










 










 Get yo arm candy on!
XX L



No comments:

Post a Comment