Tuesday, October 2, 2012

From My Girl LC: October Styling Ideas

If you didn't know already, I have an obsession with two and only two celebrities (besides of course hot men with dreamy eyes and six packs) and they are Sarah Jessica Parker and Lauren Conrad.  I am not big into celebrity gossip and obsessions but these two fashionistas I adore! My roommate, Tobes and I like to pretend Lauren is our good friend and that her emails from her website are directed to us.  We are nuts, I know but I truly think LC is a great inspirational woman.  Not only because of her success in the fashion world, but also for her strive to give back and be a true and good role model to women.  I will be posting many links to her website because it is my ultimate dream website so I hope you all enjoy it!

Here are her October Styling Ideas.  I personally love the sweater with with sparkly knits idea.  This option can can really be great for any occasion to show your stylish side and also keep it comfy.  Check out the leather look as well.. told you that was big.  I'm excited to also try out the sheer lightweight layer look as well... definitely thinking maxi skirts huh?

Hope you all enjoy, and as always love to my girl LC.
xx L



by Lauren Conrad

I hope you enjoyed my September Style Tips post! Did anyone test out any of the ideas I listed? I hope so! Now that it’s October, I thought I would share 10 simple and chic styling ideas to try this month to keep your look feeling fresh and on-trend…

Tuesday Ten: October Styling Ideas
Temper sparkly separates with relaxed knits. Pair your favorite metallic mini with a comfy, chunky knit for a daytime-approved look that can take you well into the evening hours.

Tuesday Ten: October Styling Ideas
Play with texture by mixing together unexpected combinations such as tweed, silk, and wool to give your look depth and intrigue.

Tuesday Ten: October Styling Ideas
Try an oversize daytime clutch instead of your standard satchel for weekend jaunts and mid-week work meetings.

Tuesday Ten: October Styling Ideas
Add leather-like hints to your look by pairing them with summery favorites to transition your closet to fall without breaking the bank.

Tuesday Ten: October Styling Ideas
Mix in sheer, lightweight layers to your look to balance fall’s heavier wares.

Tuesday Ten: October Styling Ideas
Twist on an oversize, knit scarf (or snood) to add complexity and color to your look. Plus they are warm and cozy—and they instantly add an unexpected pop to an otherwise basic ensemble.

Tuesday Ten: October Styling Ideas
Wear a swingy skirt (preferably in a bold color) to liven up the season’s characteristically structured and tailored silhouettes (and drab palette).

Tuesday Ten: October Styling Ideas
Layer chunky knits together to create a cozy and seasonally appropriate look that will keep you feeling snug all day long.

Tuesday Ten: October Styling Ideas
Add an army inspired parka (in camo green print or solid olive) for an on-trend alternative to your basic fall jacket. For more tips on how to wear this trend, click here.

Tuesday Ten: October Styling Ideas
Try a sleeveless trench for a high-fashion update to a classic cut. Belt it and pair it with a simple shirt-dress and you have yourself a lovely fall-feeling outfit for the office or your internship.
Which October style tip are you most excited to try?

If you do give any of these ideas a go, be sure to upload a photo of your take on the trend and leave the link below for a chance to be Chic of the Week!

XO Lauren
 Here is the link to her blog post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment