Monday, October 1, 2012

Cheers to a Fashion Kick Off

Everything has fallen into place and it is only appropriate to now have the start of Fall be the start of my new blog.  I have been wanting to start this for SUCH a long time now.  With notebooks, and scraps of paper holding the ever-forming ideas from my head.  Folders on my computer and Pinterst of fashion forward and fabulistaaa ideas for this blog.  And of course my roommates stating to me that, "I've been waiting for you to finally blog and I'm surprised you haven't sooner." All of these components have come into full effect, and although I am always busy 99.9% of the time (got to love lazy hungover Sundays) I think this is something that is going to become really special and important to me.

Let me start off by introducing myself.  My name is Lauren Vacca.  Yes, my last name means cow in Italian and Spanish and yes when pronounced it sounds like the good old (but sometimes the death of you) alcohol, vodka.  I am 21 years young and very much in love with life.  I am sadly a senior at the best damn school in the country, James Madison University   I am in Sigma Sigma Sigma and am surrounded by the actual best friends a girl can ever have.  I am extremely involved at school, where my roommates make fun of me that I am only a part-time roommate since I am only ever really home Thurs-Sunday.  I am studying Communications with a concentration in public relations and also Spanish.  I recently spent a semester abroad in Salamanca, Spain that literally changed my life.  Between all the traveling, shopping, learning a new culture, shopping, food and did I mention shopping? my semester abroad is what I hope to be the start of many more months of my life abroad.  Anyone that knows me down here south at school knows how proud I am to be a Jersey girl.  I am from Toms River which is right over the bridge from where my good friends Snooki and Pauly D spend their summers (kidding but you get it).  I spend my days on the beach and the where the sun isn't shining with my 6 best friends ever yearning for the days at the beach.  I bartend and waitress at Jimbos with the best people around and could never imagine living anywhere else.  The beach is definitely a big part of who I am.  I also am 100% Italian and could not be more proud of that fact.  I have the best parents and siblings and also the cutest grandparents who make their own wine, have their own huge garden and bocci court in their backyard and spend day after day spoiling us kids rotten.  I have two passions in life, one obviously being fashion which I think you can get from the title of this post, and two making a difference in life.  My dad always tells me I am going to be the next white Oprah. I have done countless volunteer works like Alternative Spring breaks with refugees, teaching English to Spanish native speakers, mentoring Spanish kids, volunteering in Ecuador and so much more.

All of this and all of the moments I have been blessed with in my life have made me who I am today and most certainly influenced my love for fashion.  European influences with a beachy girl flare tied together with making bold different statements is how you can definitely describe my style.  I eat sleep and breath fashion and my credit card bills can most def attset to this.  I have had a lot of experience in the fashion world that I can't wait to share on this blog.  I am excited for all the new and glitter-ful posts on here and even more excited to see where this blog and fashion career takes me.

Thank you to maybe the two followers I have on here (Hey mom), I know you have to start somewhere when it comes to the world of fashion and I can't wait to take the ball running... in stylish 6 inch heels OF COURSE.

So... to all my FASHIONISTAS LIKE ME... cheers to new beginnings, high heels and high hopes!

Glitter, heels and everything fashionable
xx
L

No comments:

Post a Comment