Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Nonni & New York: Your Italian Basement

It's been over a month since I've seen my adorabley cute and perfect grandparents so I only thought it was appropriate to post a Nonni & New York post.  I miss my grandparents and New York so much so it's always nice to look back on pictures and look forward to more memories.

For this post I am giving the inside look to a very Italian-fied basement.  I always remember going down to the basement at my Nonni's with my cousins and putting on concerts and what not.  We would always go into the cold cellar and explore and wonder why in the world my Nonni had SO many jars of sauce (I now know it takes a lot of sauce to feed our hungry Italian family).  While I was staying at my grandparents while interning in NYC I explored the basement once again and it brought back so many good memories. 

Everything in the basement reminds me of how special my grandparents are to me.  Their homemade sauce, buckets to stomp the grapes for their wine and the hanging of the prosciutto are all things that I have grown up with.  The basement may not be your typical basement but it is home to so many memories and items that mean so much to me.  















What traditions does your family have that you love, I'd love to know!

Ciao XX L

No comments:

Post a Comment