Friday, January 18, 2013

Quick NYC Trip

Ciao from rainy and cold yet simply perfect NYC.  On Wednesday I took a literal spur of the moment trip to NYC.  I found out Monday I received an interview with the CFDA to work Mercedes Benz Fashion week for the Fall/Winter Collection and I couldn't have been more estatic!  I  literally only had one day to be able to be in the city and lucky for me, my mom, who is the best mom in the world decided to come meet me in the city as well!


I stayed over my sisters in Arlington and took a 7:30 a.m. bus from Arlington to NYC.  I stocked up on magazines, my favorite Starbucks Refreshers and Trail Mix as I made the rainy drive to NYC.


The CFDA office was incredible.  It was packed with fashion enthusiasts who are trying to make a career out of their passion.  There were over 2,000 applicants and 500 interviews.  The interview went well and I definitely learned a lot.





Even though we only had five hours in the city, my mom and I had the best time... frozen hands and all.  After lots AND lots of shopping we trecked on over to our favorite restaurant, Trattoria.  Anyone that knows me knows I'm always a sucker for chicken parm.  So of course, I ordered my favorite dish and let me tell you it was ahhh-mazing.
 Weird, but kind of cool shot--- I wore a skull dress from H&M, over the knee boots from Mandees, tights from American Apparel, Purse from Target, Blazer from Banana Republic, and Coat/ Scarf from Forever 21.




Although I only got to spend five hours in NY, every minute there is perfect.  There is something about the city that I just can't get enough of and can't wait to spend every day there!  So lucky my mom is the best and came for the day-- it was a perfect spontaneous adventure!

What do you love about NYC?
xx
L

PS: GOT the internship!!!!!!!! :) 

1 comment:

  1. Visiting New York is on my bucket list

    I have found you through the Lauren Conrad website, and I love your blog. Would you like to follow each other. Just leave a comment to let me know.
    My Fashion blog: I'm A Love Addict
    ENTER>>>Dress and make-up goodies Giveaway<<<

    ReplyDelete