Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Fashion PR Confidential + Me = A Perfect Fit

Being that I graduate in four short months, this only means a roller coaster of emotions.  What am I going to do with my life?  Where should I work?  Do I have enough to bring to the table?  All of these emotions and more roll through my mind when thinking of life past college.  Luckily for me, I know EXACTLY where I want to be, and that's in the enticing and electric world of Fashion PR.  Fashion consumes my life.  The saying "eat, sleep and breath something" actually applies to my relationship with fashion.  Therefore, when I also fell in love with the world of public relations it was the best ahh-ha moment when I realized I can put my two passions together!  I am so excited to be able to put two things together that I love and hopefully make a long and successful career out of it- because after all, you got to love what you do!
PR Couture by Crosby Noricks has been my sanctuary! The book is my bible and Crosby Noricks
 is the Fashion PR goddess.  I would continuously look at her site to see new places to apply to and get the inspiration and courage to land a dream internship.  Her book and easy availability on Twitter helped me so much and is a concrete guidebook to everything you need to know about getting into the fashion world and more specifically the fashion PR world.  Being able to hear her speak will be invaluable to my future career.
I landed my dream internship this summer and worked Fashion Week last fall as well as will be working fashion week this spring.  I have also started this blog that has been an absolute dream for me! Therefore, I feel as if I have had some great stepping stones to launch my career but I know there is beyond so much more to learn.  Being able to attend Fashion PR Confidential will not only be beyond an amazing opportunity to learn from so many influential people but I know it will continue to make my love and passion for the world of fashion PR grow.  This scholarship will not only allow me to attend this unbelievable workshop experience but also give me the unbelievable experience to learn from experts in the field I want to study, which is hard to get from a university so far from the world of fashion.
I am so excited to be able to give amazing designers and brands the voice they deserve.  Being able to attend Fashion PR Confidential, I will learn how to give the best voice possible, while looking stylish along the way!

To ensure Fashion PR Confidential and I are a perfect fit... I put together the perfect look if I was lucky enough to attend this workshop!

For even more inspiration- Here are looks from my favorite bloggers that scream perfect NYC workshop look!


  

 
I thank you so much, Fashion PR Confidential, for looking at my blog post and taking a look into fashion through my eyes!  It would be a great honor to get chosen for the scholarship and I know I will take every ounce of information learned and put my best HEEL forward with it.

xx Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment